Monday 17 March 2014

The Zygon Threat

It is with grave news that I break radio silence and return to discussing my travels in this new universe. We have an infestation of Zygons in our midst, and at least one of them has managed to make its way in the ranks of the Chancellery Guard at Olyesti.

For the past few months, I have ceased travelling and have instead been spending my time in the city of Olyesti, working toward the reintegration of their Arcalian Chapter into the Arcalian Chapterhouse established on New Gallifrey.

It was all going very well and I have even been promoted to Junior Cardinal in the Olyesti branch of the Arcalians; which has been a challenging role to say the least. As a result, I was on hand to witness one of the early ambassadors of the Kal faction visiting Olyesti.

One of the guards shot at the Kal, claiming it was a Dalek and that it had violated Gallifreyan law by passing the city gates. I attempted to quell the situation and all seemed calm at first. Then the Kal left in the company of Olyesti's provisional Arcalian Cardinal, Lord Vale Chronotis.

I spoke to the guard about his conduct and explained the need for proper procedure when dealing with our Kal guests; as the peace treaty between our factions is not yet firm. The guard claimed I was a traitor and a criminal who violated Gallifreyan law by bringing an alien into the city.

He shot me.

I will be the first to admit I am not a solider, despite efforts in my past to make me so. I am a lawyer, first and foremost. I spent many years, both at the academy and after graduation, studying Galifreyan law. I am at home in the court room and the law libraries, not on the battlefield. Although I have been shot before, the memories are clouded and I was not prepared for the experience.

Thankfully I was saved by the swift actions of General Monroe, who stepped in and held the guard in a forcefield while he administered medical aid to me. I have now recovered with no visible damage thanks to some amazing nanotechnology.

While I was recovering, the guard morphed into the most foul creature I have ever laid eyes on. It escaped from the forcefield and attacked the General, declaring itself to be a Zygon infiltrator in the process. The General fell in the battle. I called for aid.

Lord Vale, the Kal ambassador and a group of other Time Lords led by Lady Judy of Olyesti all arrived to deal with the Zygon threat. The General administered medical aid to himself and I am glad to say he has also now fully recovered. The Time Lord assault caused the Zygon to flee but it took a lot of work. Apparently these Zygons are quite a substantial threat, and not something to be trifled with.


I write this as a warning to all who are reading. The Zygons have followed us to the new universe. Either that or they were already infiltrating when the Doctor sent us here. There is at least one Zygon here. There may be more. We must be wary.

No comments:

Post a Comment